Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Whats Important

I think it's safe to say that people are the most important things (or should be) the most important things in our lives. For the past several day's I've been thinking a lot about how often I see the people I care about; how much time I devote to them and to our relationship(s); how much of my life involves people beyond myself.

I don't. I hardly ever see my family. I practically never see my friends. And conversations are a thing of the past like dinosaurs and cursive writing. I feel a list coming on.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 1 Cor. 13:3

Sadly I'm pretty sure that not making time for the people in my life who are really special and really important, despite exhaustion or depression or prior commitments is a sad reflection of a negative heart condition within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment