Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sea shells

I spent one hour outside yesterday and I feel so revived. My neck hurts really badly from raking but I want to do it again today. It was so wonderful to breath the fresh air, clean up the front flower beds, get dirt under my nails and in my finger prints again. I'm happy that my muscles are a little sore from being used again. I loved smelling the grass and leaves and pine and sap. The sun shone on my face for the whole hour and being out doors was absolutely invigorating.

Right before I came inside after I put away all the yard tools and dragged the yard waste can back to the garage I decided to sweep up the broken stucco that's been collecting along the driveway at the foundation of the house. The broken bits of stucco sounded just like breaking sea shells. (I'm not entirely sure how I know what breaking sea shells sound like but the stucco sounded exactly like sea shells) It was one of the most beautiful sounds I've heard. I swept the stucco from the front of the house to the back and onto a shovel to transfer to the trash all the while listening to the sound of crackling sea shells... music, natural, wonderful, beautiful music twinkling all the while.

I'm glad I decided to sweep up the stucco before going inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment